Advanced Scientific Concepts LLC, ASC, is the leading provider of global shutter flash LIDAR cameras for space, military, manned airborne, and thru-water markets. Flash LIDAR is the sensor modality of choice for navigation, object tracking, and situational awareness applications. ASC is located in beautiful Santa Barbara CA. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical / dental coverage, paid vacation, PTO / sick leave, and a 401K plan. Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Position: Software Engineer II/III
Participate as an experienced Software Engineer in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary design team creating state-of-the-art Flash LiDAR cameras and applications.
Create application and embedded, real-time data and signal/image processing software operating in advanced Flash LiDAR system architectures. Tasks include architecture, design and coding of Flash LiDAR application and driver software, integration of software and hardware, and software sustaining.
- Experience with the complete software engineering/development cycle, including architecture, design, coding, integration, and systems test.
- Working experience writing productized code and with coding standards, application programming interfaces (API), software libraries.
- Experience developing software in C# and/or C++.
- Object Oriented (OO) design experience.
- Experience with Visual Studio or other integrated development environment (IDE)
- Real Time Operating Systems (i.e., VxWorks) experience with embedded processors
- Excellent communication skills
- Model Driven Software Development, Clear Case, Visio, Enterprise Architect (or equivalent processes and tools)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) or similar modeling language
- Agile development experience
- Experience with ARM or similar embedded processor, hardware interfaces, and instrumentation/ sensor systems
- Experience with embedded Linux or equivalent
- Python and/or MATLAB/Simulink languages
- Familiarity with board support packages (BSP) and device drivers for operating system and application software support
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) design
B.S or M.S. degree in Computer Science or related engineering degree is required.
4+ years of experience