Advanced Scientific Concepts LLC, ASC, is the leading provider of global shutter flash LIDAR cameras for space, military, manned airborne, and thru-water markets. Flash LIDAR is the sensor modality of choice for navigation, object tracking, and situational awareness applications. ASC is located in beautiful Goleta, CA. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical / dental coverage, paid vacation, PTO / sick leave, and a 401K plan. Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
ASC Job Position: Software Engineer Intern
Participate as a Software Engineer Intern in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary design team creating state-of-the-art Flash LIDAR cameras and systems.
Help create application and embedded real-time data and signal/image processing software operating in advanced Flash LIDAR system architectures. Tasks include coding of Flash LIDAR application and driver software and legacy software sustaining.
This is a paid in-person position in Goleta, CA.
- Experience developing in an object-oriented language (C#, C++, Java).
- Strong grasp of object-oriented programming fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (MATLAB, Python).
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- Able to work 25 hours per week during Summer 2022.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency.
- Experience with Visual Studio or similar IDEs.
- Familiarity with computer network programming (socket programming).
- Proficiency with version control software (Git, SVN).
- Agile development experience.
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
None required, previous internship experience or projects are a plus.